Remember that you can choose your rehabilitation center for traffic accidents to treat the consequences with the professional physiotherapists of your choice.
Hope Love And Confidence Rehabilitation is your rehabilitation center in Seville with more than 40 years of experience offering the best services.
WHAT TO DO IF I HAVE TO DO REHABILITATION FOR A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT?
Until not long ago, when having to go to rehabilitation for traffic accidents, the insurers were the ones who chose the rehabilitation center according to the agreement, not the affected person himself. This was due to the fact that the social security system does not cover the expenses to treat the aftermath of traffic accidents.
But today, the affected person can freely decide the physiotherapy center where they want to carry out the rehabilitation of the aftermath of the accident.
Typically, insurers cover car, driver, and occupant treatments. However, when there is no other car involved in the accident, the insurance will not cover health expenses, forcing the driver to pay these expenses on his own.
The option given by car insurance was to present the documents of the rehabilitation center and claim the costs.
AGREEMENT FOR THE REHABILITATION OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS
Due to the need this created, specialized units were created in health centers and hospitals.
WHAT DOES THIS AGREEMENT DEFEND?
The treatment centers for the aftermath of accidents determine that the establishments will treat all types of injuries caused by suffering an accident through a rehabilitating doctor and with therapeutic exercise.
This agreement includes free health care without penalty in the policy to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians or cyclists run over within the American territory.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT?
Through the private insurance companies that the driver contracts on a mandatory basis, affected patients will be free to choose a public or private healthcare center immediately.
To do this, you only have to provide the friendly accident report and indicate the insurance company, and you will be entitled to compensation and rehabilitative treatment.
When presenting at the center for the treatment of injuries, there are certain exceptions contemplated in the agreement such as:
- The claim is not within the scope of the Agreement.
- Without having made a friendly declaration of the accident.
- Not being insured with the insurance company indicated.
- It is not a traffic accident, but it is, for example, a sports injury.
- It is a proven fraud.
- The deadlines established in the agreement have been exceeded.
WHAT HEALTH CARE DOES THE INSURANCE INCLUDE
The insurance when a friendly part is filled out, includes the right to assistance for residents in Spain, within some clauses. Although this may vary according to the autonomous communities.
The following aspects are included:
- Hospitalization and medical assistance.
- Urgent transfer to the hospital.
- Travel to the traffic accident rehabilitation center during the treatments.
- Home care when the injured person cannot fend for himself during the cures and with the possibility of up to a maximum of 6 months.
- Rental of auxiliary elements such as crutches or wheelchairs.
- Acquisition and implantation of first orthopedic, optical, dental, or acoustic prostheses.
- Rehabilitation to treat the injury suffered.
- Prescription medication may be required.
- Additional medical examinations and tests such as analyzes or x-rays to check for concurrent sequelae or functional sequelae.
- Reconstructive plastic surgery for functional alterations.
CONSEQUENCES NOT TO DO REHABILITATION
Many people choose not to go to rehab after having a traffic accident because they believe it is not necessary, or they do not have injuries serious enough to be treated.
This is a serious health problem since if you do not do a rehabilitative treatment in time, the consequences will worsen, coming to accompany you throughout your life.